Salad-Topped Flatbread Pizzas
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 pound turkey or pork Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 naan flatbreads
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat red wine vinaigrette, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Remove drippings from pan.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet. Add onions and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in sausage; remove from heat.
- Lightly brush remaining oil on both sides of flatbreads. Place on ungreased baking sheets; bake 4-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup vinaigrette until blended. Spread onto flatbreads; top with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 6-9 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine lettuce, cucumber, tomato and red onion. Add remaining vinaigrette and pepper; toss to coat. Divide salad among pizzas; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 pizza: 510 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1308mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 2, 2016
I used Quorn Meatless Sausage Links, diced; and Balsamic Vinaigrette. It was delicious, light, and made the perfect lunch. Thanks, Julie, for sharing this recipe.
Mar 19, 2014
This recipe was a big hit with the family. The naan bread was a nice substitute for pizza crust and the salady nature of the ingredients made it feel very healthy. Will definitely make this again.
Feb 5, 2014
This was really good! Naan makes perfectly sized individual pizzas. I used light balsamic vinaigrette because I already had it. My husband loved these as well. I will definitely be making again!