- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°. Prepare cornbread batter according to package directions. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Coarsely crumble cornbread into a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and relish.
- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl, layer a third of the cornbread and half of each of the following: beans, tomatoes, pepper, onion, bacon and mayonnaise mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cornbread. Refrigerate, covered, 2-4 hours before serving.
3/4 cup: 299 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 491mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.