Cornbread Layered Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare and bake cornbread according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack.
- Crumble cornbread into a 2-qt. glass serving bowl. Layer with onions, green pepper, corn and beans.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream; spread over the vegetables. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 458 calories, 27g fat (8g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 652mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Aug 19, 2017
I make one like this and sometimes I add browned ground beef and serve it with corn chips and salsa.
Jul 17, 2017
Oh my goodness, this was delicious! I cut the recipe in half for just my husband and me. I used about 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed, instead of canned. I also used regular yellow onion, since I'm not a fan of green. I also added some chili powder in with the mayo & sour cream. Honestly, I think that gave it just an extra little oomph of flavor without changing it too much. I'd also like to say that it keeps pretty well too! No sogginess or anything. I'll definitely be making this again.
Jul 31, 2013
Great recipe! Really addictive. All the ingredients work perfectly together. I too added about 10 slices of cooked crumbled bacon, doubled the amount of cheese, and used about 2 cups of bottled ranch dressing mixed with a teaspoon of Southwest Seasoning instead of the mayo and sour cream. I shared the recipe with my friends and made their mouths water.
May 26, 2013
This is great for pot lucks. I can't stop myself from getting seconds!
Apr 19, 2013
I have made this a couple of times for family cookouts and it has been a big hit. I added cucumbers and crumbled cooked bacon.
Jun 4, 2012
This is delicious. A real southern comfort food! I could eat this at least once a week.
Mar 27, 2011
I made this salad yesterday, and it was hard to quit eating it! It's delicious, and I plan to keep the recipe handy so I can make it again frequently. I did add five slices of cooked, crumbled bacon to the top with the cheese and tomatoes, and added half a package of dry ranch dressing mix to the dressing. I'd seen a recipe similar to this one, but it made enough for twenty plus people. I was drawn to this one because it didn't make as much.
Oct 7, 2010
I have made this several times. The last time I took this to a dinner last week, and I was asked by 2 people for the recipe. I boil 2 or 3 eggs dice them for another layor of flavor.