Fresh Cornbread Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) Mexicorn, drained, divided
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Prepare cornbread batter according to package directions; stir in one can of Mexicorn. Bake according to package directions. Cool and crumble.
- In a large bowl, combine the crumbled cornbread, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and remaining corn. Add mayonnaise; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve or refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 262 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 30, 2013
This was Great! 5 stars! The only change I made was I only had regular corn and not mexican corn. I wasn't sure at the time what was in the Mexican corn - spicy/not spicy so I chopped about 5 jalenpeno slices and added them to the cornbread before I baked it. Really good!
May 24, 2012
Taste great and easy to make.
Apr 6, 2012
A lady at our church brought this to a function and everyone wanted the recipe. She never got back with me on the recipe so I found it here, on Taste of Home~! It is fabulous~!