Pepperoni Pizza Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 10 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup salad croutons
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green peppers, cheese, pepperoni, olives and onion. In a small bowl, combine the tomato juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, basil and pepper.
- Pour over tomato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with croutons.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 144 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 29, 2015
Love this recipe but I add about two cups spiral noodles!
Sep 5, 2014
This dish goes over great every time I make it!
Dec 15, 2012
I also used one pepper and added romaine lettuce to the salad. Add green olives for some zip!
Oct 28, 2012
I have made this several times... great summer BBQ side salad!
Jun 5, 2010
This is a good salad. The only change I made was to use only one green pepper.
May 11, 2009
I've made this recipe 3 or 4 times and everyone always loves it. I made it this past weekend for a potluck, and one lady told me it tasted like pizza, but with out the crust.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.