Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup oil, sugar, salt, yeast mixture and 2 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Pat each piece flat. Let rest 5 minutes. Roll out each portion into an 11-in. circle; place on greased baking sheets. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make several 1/4-in. indentations. Brush with remaining oil. In a small bowl, combine cheese, garlic salt and rosemary; sprinkle over dough. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Cut into wedges.
1 wedge: 132 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.