Pairs wedges of this chewy flatbread with a tomato-based soup and start dunking! —Cynthia M. Bent, Newark, DE
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 15 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (8 wedges each)
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup oil, sugar, salt, yeast mixture and 2 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Pat each piece flat. Let rest 5 minutes. Roll out each portion into an 11-in. circle; place on greased baking sheets. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make several 1/4-in. indentations. Brush with remaining oil. In a small bowl, combine cheese, garlic salt and rosemary; sprinkle over dough. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 132 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Flatbread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016