Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 8 cups torn lettuce
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup quartered thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Italian salad dressing or dressing of your choice
- Divide bread dough into four equal portions; pat each into an 8-in. circle. Coat the outside of four 5-in. x 2-in. round ovenproof bowls with cooking spray. Place upside down on a baking sheet. Shape dough circles around bowls. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, combine lettuce, tomatoes, cauliflower, cucumber, celery and carrots; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Place 2-1/2 cups of lettuce mixture into each bread bowl. Top with 1/4 cup beef mixture. Serve with dressing.
1 each: 545 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 747mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 8g fiber), 35g protein.