Eggplant Flatbread Pizzas
I'm now a professional chef, but I loved making this recipe for the family on Friday nights as a home cook. We like to shake pizza up with unique, fresh toppings. —Christine Wendland, Browns Mills, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cubed eggplant (1/2 inch)
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Sliced fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; saute eggplant and onion with salt and pepper until eggplant begins to soften, 4-5 minutes. Stir in garlic; remove from heat.
- Place naan on a baking sheet. Spread with ricotta cheese; sprinkle with oregano. Spread with tomato sauce. Top with eggplant mixture and whole basil leaves. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses; drizzle with remaining oil.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted, 12-15 minutes. If desired, top with sliced basil.
Editor's Note: Roasted garlic tomato sauce may be substituted with any flavored tomato sauce or a meatless pasta sauce.
Nutrition Facts1/2 pizza: 340 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 996mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.