South-of-the-Border Citrus Salad
Orange, grapefruit and jicama add color and texture to this out-of-the-ordinary fruit salad. Sometimes I'll toss in slices of mango and cucumber for extra fun. —Mary Fuller, SeaTac, Washington
Total TimePrep Time: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 medium pink grapefruit
- 3 medium oranges
- 1 cup julienned peeled jicama
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut a thin slice from the top and bottom of each grapefruit and orange; stand fruit upright on a cutting board. With a knife, cut off peel and outer membrane from fruit. Cut fruit crosswise into slices; place in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; toss to combine. Transfer to a platter; refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 70 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Originally published as South of the Border Citrus Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.