South-of-the-Border Chicken Salad with Tequila Lime Dressing
Add a burst of color to your table with this main-dish salad that tastes like a fiesta. For a simple garnish sprinkle salad with lightly crushed tortilla chips.—Annette Hottenstein, Cockeysville, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 romaine hearts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 404 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 7g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 fat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as 'South of the Border' Chop Chop Salad with Tequila Lime Dressing in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.