West Coast Potato Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds medium red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and set aside. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine 3 tablespoons lemon juice, oil, parsley, salt if desired and pepper; shake well. Pour over potatoes and toss gently. Add celery and onions; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Add to potato mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mustard, thyme, tarragon and remaining lemon juice; gently fold into salad. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 80 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Oct 4, 2014
This is wonderful - A sophisticated grown up potato salad. It will not be liked byeveryone, but it is loved by those who have good taste.
Apr 26, 2012
Excellent recipe, nice "gourmet twist" on an old favorite ... Yumm
Apr 26, 2012
Excellent recipe, nice updated "gourmet twist" on an old favorite ... Yumm!