Country Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 5 pounds potatoes, cooked, peeled and diced
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch oregano
- Pinch chives
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Set aside. Combine dressing ingredients; pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 150 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 15, 2012
Made this for a picnic, I was a little concerned about the bacon, I thought that was a little weird. But everyone said it was good. I made it without the horseradish, but will try a little bit next time.
Feb 6, 2012
I didn't like the dill in this. If I were to make it again, I'd use a lot less if any at all.
Jul 17, 2011
I love this recipe!!!! I would make a little more dressing next time, but other then that, the flavor is wonderful!!!!
Jul 5, 2011
I use 4 eggs, and omit the celery seed and horseradish. This is now my favorite potato salad This is wonderful!