Country Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 5 pounds potatoes, cooked, peeled and diced
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch oregano
- Pinch chives
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Set aside. Combine dressing ingredients; pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 150 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 15, 2012
Made this for a picnic, I was a little concerned about the bacon, I thought that was a little weird. But everyone said it was good. I made it without the horseradish, but will try a little bit next time.
Feb 6, 2012
I didn't like the dill in this. If I were to make it again, I'd use a lot less if any at all.
Jul 17, 2011
I love this recipe!!!! I would make a little more dressing next time, but other then that, the flavor is wonderful!!!!
Jul 5, 2011
I use 4 eggs, and omit the celery seed and horseradish. This is now my favorite potato salad This is wonderful!