Sour Cream Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and slice potatoes. Place in a large bowl; add salad dressing and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Slice eggs in half; remove yolks and set aside. Chop egg whites; add to potatoes with celery and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish, mustard, celery seed and salt. Crumble egg yolks; add to mayonnaise mixture and whisk until blended. Spoon over potatoes; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 410 calories, 33g fat (6g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 694mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 28, 2017
this was a different style of potato salad, which was good cuz I was going to a picnic where I thought there just might be too much potato salad. It was gobbled up pretty quick!
May 21, 2016
Oh my goodness! This is soooooo good. I just made it and couldn't wait until it chills for supper tonight, so I tasted it. Awesome!
Oct 20, 2013
I thought this potato salad was exceptional. I don't think that you have to wait that long to chill it though. I made each component and chilled them all at the same time that way in two hours everything was done. This had a creamy texture and nice little zest to it with the Italian dressing and horseradish. I will definitely make this again!
May 27, 2008
Potato salad was very tasty and definitely a keeper for us. However, I measured 2lbs of potatoes exactly and I had way too much dressing for the potatoes. I like extra creamy potato salad, so my preference was not the issue. Next time I'll cut back on the dressing ingredients by 1/3.