Sour Cream Macaroni Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or salt-free seasoning blend
- Pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add green pepper, pickle relish, pimientos and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 138 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 5, 2014
Am always looking for macaroni saads which are low carb. content since I have Type I diabetes. It's very difficult to find such recipes that are appealing. This one in particular is very carb. friendly, one which I'll turn to often.
Apr 21, 2013
This is usually made in a double batch. It's even tastier a few days later. I add multi colored sweet peppers (red, Orange and Yellow) . Always delicious and creamy!!
Jun 9, 2012
Absolutely delicious. I have made this wonderful salad for years and it's always a hit! I always add extra sour cream to keep it moist. My picky little son always asks for a second helping.
Apr 18, 2012
Extremely soupy when I first made it, but the pasta really absorbed the liquid once refrigerated (overnight in my case).
May 7, 2011
Very good and very easy! I added tomatoes and cucumbers and it was very tasty....everyone had seconds. :-)
Jul 5, 2010
Made this for 4th of July event and the bowl was empty! I skipped the pimentos simply because I didn't have any on hand. It was excellent and I'm making more today for more dinner guests.