Sour Cream Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 10 medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, milk, 1 tablespoon butter, parsley and garlic salt; beat until smooth.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with remaining butter; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 229 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 14, 2018
There was way too much milk in this recipe. The potatoes came out much looser than I wanted them too. I should have gone with my gut and just added milk until the consistency I prefer was reached. I understand the name is sour cream potatoes, but I was hoping that you could taste the potatoes as well. Too much sour cream for me. I would make this again with major adjustments.
Jul 14, 2016
This recipe is now my favorite way to make mashed potatoes. Love the creamy texture!
Nov 28, 2014
I made these for Thanksgiving and these were creamy and delicious. I did the same; left some of the skins on some of the potatoes. I also made the recipe the night before, then baked it 40 mins prior to dinner. The recipe can easily be doubled, which I did for the big dinner, except I increased the sour cream by only an add'tl 1/2 cup. Everyone liked them; will be a feature at holiday dinners and special occasions.
Jul 7, 2010
My family loved these potatoes. I was told that they go on the "make again" list. I agree that they only get better with time. They were great the first night and even better the second. I made them along with the Grilled Sirloin Roast and Coconut Pineapple Cake that go with this as "My Mom's Best Meal".
Apr 5, 2010
Definately delicious! Served these yummy potatoes with oven fried pork chops! If you love mashed potatoes then you will be delighted with these!
Sep 14, 2009
I used 10 potatoes, but only peeled 5, left the skin on the other five. Used reduced fat cream cheese and sour cream and skim milk to cut down on the fat.
Jul 28, 2009
I use a 5 lb. bag of red potatoes instead of what the recipe calls for, and an extra 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder. My 19 year old son won't eat regular mashed potatoes, but he loves these ones.
Aug 14, 2008
Can you freeze these potatoes before you bake them? - Sadie Crills, Lancaster, PA