Sour Cream Enchiladas
These enchiladas bake up soft, tender and saucy. It's a nice meatless main dish that's also quick and easy.—Lois Hansen, Pinedale, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 can (19 ounces) enchilada sauce
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream. Set aside 2 tablespoons olives and 2 tablespoons onions. Add remaining olives and onions to cheese mixture; mix well. Spoon 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over the top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with reserved olives and onions.
Nutrition Facts1 enchilada: 540 calories, 37g fat (19g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1117mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Sour Cream Enchiladas in Country Woman July/August 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.