Creamed Dill Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- With a vegetable peeler, remove a strip of peel around the middle of each potato. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the cream, dill, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Drain potatoes; drizzle with sauce and toss gently.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 237 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 24, 2015
My family loves sauces so we quadrupled the sauce for this recipe! We didn't want just a drizzle! I also thickened it a bit. I used Yukon potatoes instead and they were delicious. I used dried dill in place of fresh since I had none. When I quadrupled the sauce, I put about 2 table spoons of the dried dill.
Aug 14, 2014
You can substitute 3/4 a cup of milk & 1/4 a cup melted butter thoroughly mixed for the heavy whipping cream.
Jan 3, 2011
I love these potatoes!