Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 medium potatoes (2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large serving bowl. Add cream sauce; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 243 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jun 8, 2019
the only thing I added was some fresh thyme..loved the recipe will make again and again!
Jul 7, 2017
Very good and a nice change from mashed potatoes. I did saute an onion in the butter and added a bit more salt and pepper, but nothing major. It was very good!
Dec 30, 2015
Very good. My entire family loves this
Nov 30, 2013
My family's new favorite way to eat potatoes
Nov 13, 2012
Yum! Enjoyed this recipe with baked chicken breasts and steamed broccoli. The chicken also tasted good with some of the cream sauce on it from the potatoes. I added some grated cheese to the sauce. Will make this again.
Oct 29, 2011
This was pretty good... A bit bland though. Needs more seasoning.
Sep 13, 2010
Very good, family loved them!
Nov 18, 2009
This is like my recipe for creamed potatoes but for a variation I add onion powder or flakes to the sauce and when the potatoes are added I cut bite size pieces of ham or hotdogs. HAve made it like this for years and is a quick meal when you add some canned or fresh corn to it. We call it Creamed Potato and Hotdogs. delicious and inexpensive meal.