Breaded Mustard & Sage Pork Cutlets
After attending my daughter's back to school night and receiving a complimentary package of instant potatoes, I had to make something with them. I created these pork cutlets and they were fantastic. —Carrie Farias, Oak Ridge, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 thin boneless pork loin chops (2 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg, milk and Dijon mustard. In another shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, potato flakes, ground mustard and sage. Place flour in another shallow bowl. Sprinkle pork with salt.
- Dip pork in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then in bread crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add pork in batches; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads at least 145°, adding more oil as needed.