Loaded Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add bacon and reserved drippings; toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, dressings, sour cream and mustard in a small bowl. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Stir in onions and cheese. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 365 calories, 28g fat (7g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 23, 2019
This is so good! I get raves everytime I make it! I don't care for caesar so I double up the ranch, I use plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, 16oz bacon and I roast the potatoes in olive oil and seasonings instead of boiling them. Super yummy!
May 29, 2019
Made for Memorial day. It was awesome. Didn't change a thing. Tastes just like potato skins from a restaurant.
May 21, 2019
I am allergic to fish so Caesar salad dressing is out. What can I use in it's place?
Oct 30, 2018
This potato salad has a lot of flavor. One of my guests said he didn't like potato salad at all, but he enjoyed this one. That says a lot because he is very picky. I will use this recipe often.
Jul 1, 2018
This is the best recipie I have found for loaded Potato salad. My family likes dill so I add that in. gives it a nice flavor. Thank you for sharing
Sep 15, 2017
When I 1st seen this recipe on the Internet I said I have to make this because it looks so good I made it for the 1st time for for July 2016 and everybody was coming up to me and asked me if I could make them some and I told him no because I live in Kentucky and I was in Knoxville Tennessee but now everywhere I go and I have to make a dish that's what I make because it is Delicious
Jun 3, 2016
Great recipe! I make it about once a month for the family plus I often take it to potlucks. I make my own Caesar and ranch dressings as needed so I don't have to keep those on hand. I also use the precooked bacon which I finish in the microwave. I heat it on a paper plate then scrape the bacon grease into the salad. I don't get the full amount called for, but still get some of that good flavor.
Jul 8, 2015
I made it exactly as the recipe was written, my family LOVED this potato Salad!!!
Jul 6, 2015
The best potato salad ever. This was a total hit! The only thing I did different was I didn't have bacon at home but had bacon bits. Every 2tsp of bacon bits is equivalent to 1 bacon strip. So I had added about 24 tsp. Then with not adding bacon I needed to add salt and that I added to taste.
May 31, 2015
I have made this a few times. My husband loves it! It was a real hit when I served it at a 4th of July party. I followed the recipe as directed. Try this!