Loaded Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add bacon and reserved drippings; toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, dressings, sour cream and mustard in a small bowl. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Stir in onions and cheese. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 365 calories, 28g fat (7g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 30, 2018
This potato salad has a lot of flavor. One of my guests said he didn't like potato salad at all, but he enjoyed this one. That says a lot because he is very picky. I will use this recipe often.
Jul 1, 2018
This is the best recipie I have found for loaded Potato salad. My family likes dill so I add that in. gives it a nice flavor. Thank you for sharing
Sep 15, 2017
When I 1st seen this recipe on the Internet I said I have to make this because it looks so good I made it for the 1st time for for July 2016 and everybody was coming up to me and asked me if I could make them some and I told him no because I live in Kentucky and I was in Knoxville Tennessee but now everywhere I go and I have to make a dish that's what I make because it is Delicious
Jun 3, 2016
Great recipe! I make it about once a month for the family plus I often take it to potlucks. I make my own Caesar and ranch dressings as needed so I don't have to keep those on hand. I also use the precooked bacon which I finish in the microwave. I heat it on a paper plate then scrape the bacon grease into the salad. I don't get the full amount called for, but still get some of that good flavor.
Jul 8, 2015
I made it exactly as the recipe was written, my family LOVED this potato Salad!!!
Jul 6, 2015
The best potato salad ever. This was a total hit! The only thing I did different was I didn't have bacon at home but had bacon bits. Every 2tsp of bacon bits is equivalent to 1 bacon strip. So I had added about 24 tsp. Then with not adding bacon I needed to add salt and that I added to taste.
May 31, 2015
I have made this a few times. My husband loves it! It was a real hit when I served it at a 4th of July party. I followed the recipe as directed. Try this!
May 28, 2015
This recipe is a really nice twist on potato salad. I left out the mayonnaise because I didn't think my salad needed the extra moisture; but, the dressings added a lot of depth in flavor.
May 25, 2015
Excellent potato salad. I made this for a potluck and it was a huge hit. I think you could play around with the salad dressings a bit to change up the salad.
Apr 20, 2015
Very strong flavor. I think next time I will cut down the dressings.