Bread Bowl Appetizer
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makes6 cups dip
- 1-3/4 cups sour cream
- 1-3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound deli pastrami, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound deli corned beef, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound deli ham, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 unsliced round bread (1 pound)
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve dip, cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread. Carefully hollow out bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. (Save top and removed bread for another use.) Fill shell with dip. Serve with crackers and/or vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 186 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 15, 2011
You can use the bread left over to put the dip on. Tear into pieces.
Jan 5, 2011
Made this recipe and love it!!! Did use turkey in place of corned beef and it was delicious!! Would use less celery seed aas per personal preference but otherwise it is a definite keeper!!!!!!
Dec 17, 2010
I made this for a Christmas party and it was a huge success. I will certainly make this again.
Jan 4, 2010
I substituted Turkey for the corned beef and served it in a bread shaped snowman. It was a huge hit at my family's New Years Day gathering.