Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 slices process American cheese or cheddar cheese, halved diagonally
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, halved diagonally
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and onion, cooked bacon strips, ketchup and mustard, optional
- Combine first 5 ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 4 patties. Grill burgers, covered, on a greased rack over medium direct heat until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, about 6 minutes on each side.
- During the last minute of cooking, top each patty with 2 triangles American cheese and 1 triangle Swiss cheese. Serve on buns; if desired, top with lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, ketchup or mustard.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 421 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 760mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Jul 27, 2019
Great burgers, easy to make. The swiss cheese adds a delicious and different flavor. Love this burger!!
Jun 2, 2018
Family favorite! Great flavor and uses simple ingredients that I always have on hand. Sometimes I substitute dried minced onion for the fresh. My guys like American cheese, I prefer cheddar. Always a hit!
Jun 1, 2018
Great burgers! Really good flavor, simple and quick to make. I like the fact there are no breadcrumbs in this recipe - just great flavors. Everyone enjoyed and will add this to our rotation.
Jan 9, 2018
I usually add breadcrumbs or egg to my burgers to hold together. But this recipe is much more simple and tasty! Entire family enjoyed. A winner.
Aug 12, 2017
These were really good! Tasty burgers!
Jul 20, 2017
Fantastic recipe! I added onion soup mix to the mixture and they were the best burgers we ever had!
Jul 5, 2017
These burgers have a great flavor and are very juicy! The flavor from the chili sauce is subtle, yet is just enough to give these burgers a different taste. I was a little skeptical about adding mustard, but it works! A great burger recipe that I would make again!
Oct 31, 2013
Fantastic and simple recipe. I added a little bit of liquid smoke, to really give it that smokey flavor. PERFECTO! Great recipe.
Jun 25, 2012
I used Skyline HOT chili sauce and these turned out great, with a little heat/kick.
Feb 2, 2012
This was excellent, very juicy... Will leave out the onions when fixing for a crowd since some people seem to really hate onions. Will saute onions and have on the side. Am fixing for a crowd for Super Bowl 46.