Ground Venison Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, mustard and lime zest; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a bowl, combine the onions, yogurt, jalapeno, salt and pepper. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Pan-fry, grill or broil until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns; top with cheese and mayonnaise mixture.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 442 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 7, 2019
Wanted to try something different to enhance this lovely venison I received that wasn't garlic
Aug 30, 2017
Two changes to this wonderful recipe. Used lite sour cream instead of yogurt (had no yogurt) & used canned mild chilies instead of fresh. This was an easy, terrific recipe. And no it didn't taste like chicken but it didn't taste gamey either.
Apr 26, 2016
Some version of this recipe has been a staple in my home for a few years. My husband, who is an avid hunter, previously hated venison burgers. We sub plain Greek yogurt for the mayo and the yogurt. Typically use ten onions instead of green, and often add an egg to the burger mix. We have made this with moose, elk and whitetail. I like to add slices of avocado and pepper jack cheese to mine and even enjoy the leftovers!
Oct 28, 2011
The yogurt and seasonings take the game flavor from the meat. I use Greek style yogurt and increased the amount to 5 Tbsp.I think it also helps to form the burger patties in advance for better flavor.