Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 hamburger buns, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, bread crumbs, milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties. Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Combine the water, brown sugar, ketchup, mustard, vinegar and remaining salt; pour over patties.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 363 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1240mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 7, 2018
I've been searching for a "baked" hamburger and YAHOO!!!! I do not like the mess of making hamburgers and cleaning it up, this is make and forget about it (sort of). Easy clean up and they taste AMAZING! It's kind of like Meatloaf. I made monster burgers with cheddar cheese on top. YUM!!!!! Will definitely make again and again. ThanksCarole
May 18, 2014
This is a great, basic hamburger recipe that everyone will like. Add hot sauce for more zing, and any topping you'd like. We live in the Arctic, where it is not always possible to BBQ, and I don't like frying patties on the stove. This recipe gives us an option that still has that grilled feeling to it. My husband loved the sauce, and I like the fact that it bakes into the meat. Another reviewer commented that this is merely a meatloaf recipe, but what are hamburgers if not little meat loaves, if you think about it.
Mar 15, 2014
THESE BURGERS ARE GREAT!! MY HUSBAND AND SON LOVE THEM, THANK YOU FOR THE RECIPE
Nov 18, 2013
Very good! Taste just like a fast food burger but much healthier I'm sure!
Mar 13, 2012
Very Good!!!! A nice quick meal that everybody loved.
May 14, 2010
Nov 17, 2009
My family loved these burgers and they received an immediate "repeatable" vote from the kids. Simple ingredients, easy to fix, and great taste. Can't ask for much more!