Classic German Hamburgers
The bit of nutmeg in the meat mixture adds a subtle Old World flavor to these patties. Serve them with your favorite potato recipe.—Virginia Biehler, Fremont, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced, separated
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, parsley, eggs, seasonings and flour; mix well. Shape into six patties. Melt butter in a skillet; cook patties to desired doneness. Remove hamburgers to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Cook onion rings in pan juices until soft and golden. Spoon onions and remaining cooking juices over hamburgers. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 323 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Classic German Hamburgers in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.