Classic German Hamburgers
The bit of nutmeg in the meat mixture adds a subtle Old World flavor to these patties. Serve them with your favorite potato recipe.—Virginia Biehler, Fremont, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced, separated
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, parsley, eggs, seasonings and flour; mix well. Shape into six patties. Melt butter in a skillet; cook patties to desired doneness. Remove hamburgers to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Cook onion rings in pan juices until soft and golden. Spoon onions and remaining cooking juices over hamburgers. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 323 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Classic German Hamburgers in Country Ground Beef