Mini Bacon Quiches
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Sprinkle each pastry crust with 1 teaspoon flour; place floured side down on a lightly floured surface. Cut 12 circles from each crust, using a 2-1/2 in. round biscuit cutter. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of mixture into each prepared crust. Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until filling is set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 125 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 9, 2011
I made this recipe when I catered an hors d'oerves and wine reception. They were a huge hit. Served about 150 people and got raving reviews from all. There were none left!
Nov 3, 2009
These are very tasty and everyone I have made them for loves them. Instead of the pie pastry, I used pre-made tart shells which worked great and saved even more time preparing them!
Mar 26, 2009
I just made these to experiment for an upcoming event. Really, really good and not just for Christmas :-).Love the creaminess of all the cheeses and the crisp bacon.Definetly a keeper.Nancy_NJ
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.