Bacon Quiche Tarts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 teaspoons 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add the eggs, cheese, green pepper and onion.
- Separate dough into eight triangles; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups. Sprinkle half of the bacon into cups. Pour egg mixture over bacon; top with remaining bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Freeze option: Freeze cooled baked tarts in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat tarts on a baking sheet in a preheated 375° oven until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 258 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Apr 20, 2017
This was a pleasant change from the bacon quiche I normally cook. I forgot to buy Colby cheese so I used Cheddar. They were still a hit!
Aug 16, 2015
WHAT A GREAT EASY BREAKFAST TREAT! i JUST USED BIGGER MUFFIN TINS AND MADE 6, INCREASED THE CHEESE, SUBSTITUTED RED PEPPER FOR GREEN PEPPER (DO NOT LIKE) AND USED ALITTLE CHIVE CREAM CHEESE TO REGULAR CREAM CHEESE. PERFECT!!!AM GOING TO FREEZE SOME , DEFROST WHEN READY TO SERVE AND JUST REHEAT FOR WHEN MY SON IS VISITING FROM OUT OF TOWN. AM NOT A MORNING PERSON AND THIS IS IDEAL FOR ME! ps I ALSO MADE IT AHEAD OF TIME AND PUT IN REFRIG OVERNITE SO I WAS READY TO GO THE NEXT MORNING!
Jan 25, 2014
Yummy. I didn't have any green pepper, and can't wait to explore this recipe more. I also used a bit more cream cheese than the initial recipe, and put a chunk of colby. This will be great to play with for brunch.
Mar 9, 2013
Mmmm these turned out wonderful!! Thank you for sharing!! Fast and delicious!
Aug 6, 2012
Very tasty and good. They all went in one sitting. I ligtened up the whole recipe and got the fat down to 10.8g per tart. I used light cream cheese, 1% milk, 1 whole egg, 3 tbsp. egg whites, 1/4 c. of reduced 2% mexican cheese, red pepper (just what I had) reduced fat crescents and 5 tbsp. of real bacon bits. Couldn't tell they were lower in fat, just delicious.
Jan 9, 2012
had my friend over for bkfast and made this recipe and just loved it,forgot to get the cream cheese and i had a whipped cream cheese with spinach and artichoke and worked out just great.we decided that this dish would be good for camping cause u could make ahead and when you eat them you pick up and go.
Nov 2, 2011
LOVE IT! This was a simple quiche to make and everyone LOVES IT! I used mini muffin pans and it made about 2 1/2 dozen mini quiche's. I also made it as a sausage quiche. M'm! M'm! Good!
Sep 23, 2011
I have made them twice and barely have any leftovers!
May 3, 2011
Absolutely love this recipe. Have made it dozens of times over the past 8 years including many Brunches and Easter celebrations. Great to prepare the night before and then just pop in the oven the next morning.
Apr 20, 2011
Absolutely love this recipe! I have used it over and over to serve to family and friends for breakfast or brunch. I've been asked to share it several times.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.