Bacon & Sun-Dried Tomato Phyllo Tarts
Frozen mini phyllo tart shells are so convenient and easy to use. Just add a savory filling featuring sun-dried tomatoes and bacon, then pop them in the oven.—Patricia Quinn, Omaha, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper (about 1 small)
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper (about 1 small)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash dried oregano
- 3 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped and patted dry
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and oregano; cook 1 minute longer. Cool completely.
- Place tart shells on ungreased baking sheets. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, lemon juice and salt until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until blended. Stir in tomatoes, bacon, basil and onion mixture.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons filling into each tart shell. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon crushed crackers and 1/2 teaspoon cheddar cheese.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled baked pastries in freezer containers. To use, reheat pastries on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven 15-18 minutes or until heated through.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Hot cheesecakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014