Grilled Fruit Phyllo Tart
This tart was a hit at my friend's baby shower. It reminds me of a fruit salad that my mother used to make with cream cheese and whipped topping. Everyone loves the flaky crust, and the bright colors make it a pretty addition to any spread. —Laura McAllister, Morganton, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (14x9-inch size)
- 1 large lemon
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and halved
- 2 cups large fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 4 slices fresh pineapple (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, mix butter and oil. Brush a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with some of the butter mixture. Place one sheet of phyllo dough into prepared pan; brush with butter mixture. Layer with seven additional phyllo sheets, brushing each layer. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Bake 5-7 minutes or until golden brown (phyllo will puff up during baking). Cool completely.
- Finely grate enough zest from lemon to measure 1 tablespoon. Cut lemon crosswise in half; squeeze out juice. In a large bowl, toss peaches, strawberries, pineapple, brown sugar, salt, lemon zest and juice. Remove strawberries; thread onto 3 metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Place fruit on oiled grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes for pineapple slices and peaches; 4-5 minutes for strawberries or until fruit is tender, turning once. Remove and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over phyllo crust. Slice grilled fruit; arrange over filling. Sprinkle with mint; cut into pieces.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 233 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Fruit Tart in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016