Tart & Tangy Lemon Tart
Our family adores lemon desserts. I like to make this lemony tart for brunch. For extra-special events, I bake it in my heart-shaped tart pan. —Joyce Moynihan, Lakeville, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in flour. Press dough onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Line unpricked crust with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 18-22 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake until bottom is golden brown, 5-7 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs, egg yolks, cream cheese and cornstarch until blended; pour into crust. Bake until filling is set, 18-22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteLet pie weights cool before storing. Beans and rice may be reused for pie weights, but not for cooking.
Nutrition Facts1 slice (calculated without whipped cream): 254 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Cream Cheese Tart in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Jul 25, 2018
This recipe looks delicious!
Apr 2, 2018
This is excellent and a nice Easter Dessert. The only thing I wished I would have done differently is make a homemade pie crust. The flavor was excellent.