Streusel-Topped Lemon Tart
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°, In a small bowl, combine flour, confectioners' sugar and lemon zest; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake 10-15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, sugar and lemon juice until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in flour, baking powder and lemon zest until blended. Pour into crust. Bake 20-25 minutes or until set.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over filling. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Remove sides of pan. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 350 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 18, 2014
Really rich! Will serve way more then 12 becasue you just need a little peice (I cut into squares not slices). Used 2 small lemons to get the needed zest and juice (had to add a little lemon juice from a jar to get the full amount).
Apr 14, 2013
YUMMY! Everyone enjoyed at our Thanksgiving dinner.~ Theresa