Pina Colada Grilled Pineapple
During a cookout with friends, I forgot about dessert. I had a fresh pineapple and coconut, so I improvised. Now I grill pineapple at every cookout. —Josee Lanzi, New Port Richey, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine whipped topping, lemon peel and extract. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. In a small bowl, combine oil and cinnamon. Brush over both sides of pineapple slices.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill pineapple, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Place pineapple on dessert plates. Top with whipped topping mixture; sprinkle with coconut.
Editor's NoteTo toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Originally published as Pina Colada Grilled Pineapple in Grill It 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.