Chili-Lime Grilled Pineapple
I love grilled pineapple. This recipe combines the fruit's natural sweetness with the tart and spicy flavors of lime and chili powder. It's great for dessert and even as a side dish with ham or pork chops. —Geraldine Saucier, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- Dash salt
- Peel pineapple, removing any eyes from fruit. Cut lengthwise into 6 wedges; remove core. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients until blended. Brush pineapple with half of the glaze; reserve remaining mixture for basting.
- Grill pineapple, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 2-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, basting occasionally with reserved glaze.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 97 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Grilled Chili Lime Pineapple Spears in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.