Grilled Pineapple with Lime Dip
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- LIME DIP:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Peel and core the pineapple; cut vertically into 8 wedges. Cut each wedge horizontally into 2 spears. In a bowl or shallow dish, combine the brown sugar, honey and lime juice; add pineapple and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the yogurt, honey, brown sugar, lime juice and zest. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain pineapple, discarding marinade. Grill pineapple spears, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with lime dip.
Nutrition Facts2 spears with 2 tablespoons dip: 160 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 21, 2016
Made this as a side with grilled pork. Dip was good but only about 1/2 needed.
Jun 11, 2016
What a fun delicious way to serve pineapple! Loved it and the dip totally made it perfect.
May 24, 2015
I liked this recipe a lot. It was super simple to make and I brought it out to my family cabin an everyone enjoyed it! The dip was good but I personally could have lived with out it because the pineapple was amazing by itself.
Jul 1, 2012
This was a great success at our party!. We did put the coconut in the lime dip instead of rolling the pineapple. Would reccomend this highly!