Grilled Pineapple Dessert
“This fresh-tasting, fruity dessert is one of my very favorites. Warm, sweet, buttery pineapple topped with cold ice cream. Yum! Granola adds a fun crunch.” —Katie Sisson, Valley Park, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 6 tablespoons hot caramel ice cream topping
- 6 tablespoons granola without raisins
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice and six pineapple slices (save remaining juice and pineapple for another use).
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and reserved juice. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until butter is melted. Brush half of the mixture on both sides of pineapple slices.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once and basting with remaining butter mixture.
- Place pineapple in dessert bowls; top with ice cream. Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with granola.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 246 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Pineapple Dessert in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.