Grilled Peach & Pineapple Sangria
Grill up fresh peaches and pineapple slathered in cinnamon butter and use them to make a refreshing summer sangria. I also like to add slices of grilled lemon and lime to drop in the glass for a citrusy boost of flavor. —Heather King, Frostburg, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 bottle (750 ml) sauvignon blanc or other white wine
- 2 cups lemonade
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium peeled peaches, pitted and halved
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 4 slices
- Make sangria by combining wine, lemonade and liqueur. Refrigerate. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine melted butter, sugar and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Brush butter mixture over cut side of peaches and all over pineapple slices. Grill fruit, covered, on a greased rack over medium direct heat 4-5 minutes. Turn peaches and pineapple. Grill 4-5 minutes more. Remove from grill.
- Cut each peach half into 5 or 6 slices and each pineapple slice into 5 or 6 pieces. Add three-fourths of fruit to sangria, reserving remainder. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, thread several pieces of reserved fruit onto appetizer skewers. Pour sangria over ice; serve with fruit skewers.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 206 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Peach and Pineapple Sangria in Taste of Home June/July 2017
Oct 5, 2017
I used diet lemonade and it was delicious! Very refreshing.
Jul 23, 2017
We love sangria and this one was really tasty. It was a little too sweet for my taste, I might switch up the lemonade for lemon seltzer next time.