Your party will get off to a great start when you welcome guests with glasses of this fruit-studded sangria. Our tasters liked this just as well using one of the nonalcoholic red wines now available and orange juice in place of the triple sec. Another option--you can use diet lemon-lime soda as well.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) dry red wine
- 1 can (11.3 ounces) peach nectar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec or additional orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 medium peach or nectarine, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cubed seedless watermelon
- In a pitcher, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, stir in soda and fruit.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 197 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Fruity Sangria in Country Woman July/August 2006