Letting this sangria sit in the fridge overnight improves the fruitiness, making it the perfect make-ahead drink for a holiday party. It's also nice with a splash of brandy. —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 medium orange, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 bottle (32 ounces) cranberry juice
- 1 bottle (750 ml) zinfandel or other fruity red wine
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- Ice cubes
- Additional thinly sliced oranges, apples and fresh cranberries, optional
- In a large pitcher, combine the first seven ingredients; refrigerate overnight. Serve over ice; garnish with oranges, apples and cranberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 263 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Orange Sangria in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.