Cranberry-Orange Vodka Slush
Years ago, my mother made a rosy and refreshing party drink I’ve never forgotten. The sparkle comes from fruit juices, vodka and lemon lime soda. —Melinda Strable, Ankeny, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 9 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen cranberry juice concentrate, partially thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, partially thawed
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2 cups vodka
- 8 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a 5-qt. bowl, mix water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Stir in juice concentrates and vodka until blended. Transfer to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion; freeze overnight.
- To serve, place 2/3 cup slush in each glass. Add 1/3 cup soda.