It may be cold outside, but we like to serve this icy citrus drink for Christmas gatherings at our house. It is fantastic for parties and large gatherings, and keeps well in the freezer. —Joan Shoebottom, Lexington, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
Makes32 servings (1 cup each)
- 7 green tea bags
- 4 cups boiling water
- 7 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 cup whiskey
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Cranberries and assorted citrus slices, optional
- Place tea bags in a 4-cup glass measuring cup. Add boiling water; steep 3-5 minutes according to taste. Discard tea bags. Cool tea slightly.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, combine 7 cups water and sugar; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in orange juice and lemonade concentrates, brandy, whiskey and cooled tea. Transfer to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion; freeze at least 12 hours.
- To serve, place 1/2 cup slush in each glass; top each with 1/2 cup soda. If desired, garnish with cranberries and citrus slices.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 146 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Brandy Slush in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018