Cranberry Orange Vinegar
I enjoy making an assortment of vinegars but this is a favorite. The longer the cranberries and oranges sit in the vinegar, the more intensely flavored it becomes.— Kathy Rairigh, Milford, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing
- 6 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 3 medium oranges, sectioned and chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat vinegar to just below the boiling point. In a large bowl, lightly mash the cranberries and oranges; add heated vinegar. Cover and let stand in a cool, dark place for 10 days.
- Strain mixture through a cheesecloth and discard pulp. Pour into sterilized jars or decorative bottles. Seal tightly. Store in a cool, dark place.
Nutrition Facts1 tablespoon: 9 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Orange Vinegar in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.