Cranberry Orange Salsa
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries or frozen cranberries (3 cups), thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled, sectioned and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Turkey breast
- In a bowl, combine cranberries and honey. Stir in the oranges, onion, apricots, cilantro, jalapenos and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve over turkey.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 87 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 19, 2016
We have been loyal to this recipe for at least 20 years. We don't even bother making traditional sauce any more. Everyone loves it! Since I am not a cilantro aficionado, I have been known to make side-by-side versions with and without cilantro ... everyone but me much prefers the cilantro version.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.