Cranberry Salsa with Cream Cheese
Here's a busy host's dream! Stir together the zippy, Christmasy red salsa ahead of time, then just spoon it over a block of cream cheese when guests arrive. —Linda Mattfield, Eugene, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes3 cups salsa (2 cups cream cheese)
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- Assorted crackers
- Place cranberries in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in sugar, green onions, cilantro, jalapeno, ginger and lemon juice. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place cream cheese on a serving platter; top with cranberry mixture. Serve with crackers.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Originally published as Cranberry Salsa Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.