Cranberry Salsa with Cream Cheese
Here's a busy host's dream! Stir together the zippy, Christmasy red salsa ahead of time, then just spoon it over a block of cream cheese when guests arrive. —Linda Mattfield, Eugene, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes3 cups salsa (2 cups cream cheese)
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- Assorted crackers
- Place cranberries in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in sugar, green onions, cilantro, jalapeno, ginger and lemon juice. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place cream cheese on a serving platter; top with cranberry mixture. Serve with crackers.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Originally published as Cranberry Salsa Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015