Orange Cranberry Chutney
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped peeled Golden Delicious apple
- In a small saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or just until the cranberries start to pop. Stir in the apple. Cook 8-10 minutes longer or until thickened and all berries have popped.
- Serve warm or cold. Store in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 122 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Jan 3, 2018
This is wonderful! I made it first for Thanksgiving and then again for Christmas. We've eaten it with turkey, pork and roast beef, over ice cream. Yesterday, I used the last two cups and made it into a small crumble. OMG! Probably the best fruit crumble I've ever made.
Nov 29, 2013
Delicious - it was easy to make and well-received by the family today. Everyone wants the recipe! We've just found a new "traditional" Thanksgiving dish!
Nov 29, 2011
This recipe is easy and delicious. I served it with turkey for Thanksgiving and then used the leftovers with pork steaks three days later. It was awesome both times. I will definitly make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.