Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 medium Golden Delicious apples (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and chopped
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add apples; cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add cranberries; cover and cook until apples are tender and berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- Mash until sauce reaches desired consistency. Stir in peel, ginger and cinnamon. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes longer. Serve warm or refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 157 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 41g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 0 protein.
Oct 29, 2014
Dec 16, 2013
This was very good. I doubled the cranberries just because I had them. I will be making this again next year. Thank you for the recipe!
Jan 1, 2011
My kids do not like cranberries and so they were skeptical about this recipe. I reduced the sugar somewhat and left out the ginger and we all loved it! Great way to use up leftover cranberries from the holidays.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.