Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 medium Golden Delicious apples (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and chopped
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add apples; cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add cranberries; cover and cook until apples are tender and berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- Mash until sauce reaches desired consistency. Stir in peel, ginger and cinnamon. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes longer. Serve warm or refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 157 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 41g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 29, 2014
Dec 16, 2013
This was very good. I doubled the cranberries just because I had them. I will be making this again next year. Thank you for the recipe!
Jan 1, 2011
My kids do not like cranberries and so they were skeptical about this recipe. I reduced the sugar somewhat and left out the ginger and we all loved it! Great way to use up leftover cranberries from the holidays.