Summertime Watermelon Punch for a Crowd
I attended a patio party years ago where the hostess had a clever watermelon “bowl” with a scalloped edge and filled with this punch. It was the hit of the party, and she was kind enough to share the delicious punch recipe with me. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 30 cups cubed seedless watermelon (about 10 pounds)
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) sweet white wine, chilled
- 3 cups chilled ginger ale
- Process watermelon in batches in a food processor until smooth. Press through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl; discard pulp. Pour juice into a large pitcher or punch bowl. Stir in juice concentrate and lemon juice. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir in wine and ginger ale before serving. Serve over ice with additional watermelon.
Test Kitchen tips