Caramelized Pineapple Sundaes
Whenever we get a craving for a tropical escape, this super simple recipe whisks us away in no time. Vanilla's nice but drizzling the sauce over salted caramel ice cream and taking a bite is just pure paradise. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat; stir in brown sugar. Add pineapple; cook and stir until tender, 8-10 minutes. Remove pineapple with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Bring remaining juices to a simmer; cook until thickened, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat. Layer pineapple and ice cream into six dessert dishes; sprinkle with coconut and nuts. Drizzle with reduced sauce.
Editor's NoteTo toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.