Pineapple Cherry Ice Cream
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + Process: 20 min./batch + freezing
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and gelatin in boiling water. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cool.
- Stir in the milk, cream, pineapple and lemon juice. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 283 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 22, 2011
This ice cream is great! My boyfriend bought me an ice cream maker for my birthday and this was one of the first ice creams I made. It tastes amazing. We had store bought ice cream in the fridge at the same time I made this recipe. Lets just say, the store bought ice cream is still in the freezer! If you want to make an ice cream that your friends and family will love, this is certainly it!
Jul 4, 2010
Wasn't sure about this, but wanted to try anyway - I'm sure glad I did! This is very good, easy to mix up and makes a huge batch!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.