Cherry-Lemon Icebox Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, lemon juice and extracts until thickened, about 2 minutes. Beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into milk mixture. Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes; spoon pie filling over the top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 525 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 1, 2014
This recipe was easy to make and tasted great. I like to chill it for at least 4-6 hours so that it thickens up and cuts nicely. It is a good make-ahead dessert.
Apr 15, 2010
Cherry-lemon icebox pie is a family favourite in our home and one we make whenever we have all the ingredients. The pie crust is also made by hand, as we choose to do it that way. It's delicious and one we love any time we want a special meal.