Pineapple Ice Cream Topping
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 3/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Serve with ice cream.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 345 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 16, 2010
Delicious! I drained the pineapple tidbits, added just a dash of ginger, and after microwaving, I pulsed the hot mixture in my blender until it resembled crushed pineapple. Next time I will use crushed pineapple, well drained, to eliminate my added extra step. I really liked the texture of the blended topping --- reminds me of the pineapple found on a soda shop banana split.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.